Friday, February 20, 2009

Sup Sup Revival

Keep the Sup Sup Spirit alive! I know a lot of you Bearcatz are back in WU-town now, but I still want to know what is happening in your lives! Please post!

I just moved into a wonderful, warm, happy co-op where I make art and cook and wear costumes and deconstruct social constructs with seventeen passionate and beautiful women (12 of whom happen to be Jewish). There are six women and gender studies majors in the house, which is very different from the 80-some person dorm I lived in last semester where I was the sole SWG major. What a life! So much spontaneous music making and political conversation and tea and coffee and freshly baked bread and granola! And beer! And maybe a little too much rice and beans. And pictures of naked women drawn with chalk on the walls.

Just to give you an idea of the incredible energy that is Hopkins House, I will tell you a short anecdote. Last semester, I brought my friend from Jordan House (where I lived at the time) to meet my friends at Hopkins. She had been pretty stressed with homework and, you know, her general existence and whatnot, so she wasn't planning on staying for long. We wound up having a really great conversation with the people there about grassroots activism and local issues, and she wound up staying for quite some time. When I saw her later that night and asked how she liked Hopkins, she said, "Sarah, I came home and I wrote a poem."

Hopkins is such a welcoming, energized, creative space, and I really hope that I can share it with some of you one day. It really reminds me so much of all of you and all of the happygoofybrilliantmagical times that we've shared.

Perklunk!

Sars

P.S. I just noticed Dana's new middle name. Danes, I dig how you are really embracing B.I.E. and incorporating it into your identity.

1 comment:

CHLM said...

Sarah I miss you!