Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh to be back at Willamette

Well, I never wrote much abroad, I think Dana's reflections about Oaxaca were similar to my own thoughts.  It is weird being back here, now, after having spent so much time in another, very different place.  Mexico seems like a dream now, if it were not for the photos and talking with friends I probably could convince myself that it was indeed a dream.  And so what, if it was a dream does it make a difference?  I have changed, regardless of the past, my current perspective on life has been altered.  Willamette does not feel the same to me.  There are so many unfamiliar places.  I feel as though I have to start over in a place that I thought I knew, a place that use to be familiar.   I guess I am okay with that, life continues, always new and always interesting.  I am glad to see faces that I have not seen in awhile, to be in the company of people that know me; but, it is still strange.  I have never felt so free to create, to encounter new people, to live! and yet so displaced and alone.  Luckily there are some cool cats hanging around.  Enough of this reflective nonsense.  Let us keep on!  I enjoy hearing about the many people who are still abroad and learning so much.
viva! 

No comments: